LIVE PEDESTAL / HANDHELD / ROBOTIC CAMERA OPERATOR
I am a BBC and Sky trained studio camera operator specialising in pedestal work, and I work on a wide variety of multicamera studio shows. This includes light entertainment, sports presentation and rolling news. I am accustomed to using camera scripts and following shot cards, especially for music.
- Scripted music - I can bar-count
- Busked music
- "Unscripted" shows - such as quiz/panel/debate shows
- Reality - working with multiple directors
- Sitcoms, soap operas - following conventional camera scripts or shot-lists
- Live news - following constantly updating run-downs, operating remote studio cameras
I am experienced at operating and rigging the following fibre/triax camera channels amongst others:
- Sony HDC-4300 / -1500 / -2500 / -3100
- Sony HSC-300
- Grass Valley LDK 8000 / LDX 86N
I can rig lightweight or box-lens camera package from scratch including cradles, autocue and vanity monitors, as well as perform front-line maintenance. I can also prepare and rig new equipment, performing visual and technical checks to confirm correct operation. I am also experienced at troubleshooting, whether it be a cable requiring cleaning or a more complicated routing issue.
The Brexit Election (pedestal operator & assistant - supervisor Tom Bryan); Saturday Social (pedestal operator); Thronecast (assistant - supervisor Matt Kime); Soccer AM (assistant - supervisor Matt Kime); The London Show (minijib operator); The Russell Howard Hour (assistant - supervisor Andy Watt); Skavlan (assistant - supervisor Ian Smith); Soccer Saturday (pedestal operator); Sky News ‘Kay Burley’, ‘All Out Politics’, ‘News at 10’, ‘Ridge on Sunday’ (Shotoku op)